Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Friday, August 18, 2017

Sixteen-Patch backing made

Today was my day off, and I decided right out of bed that today was the day that I RE-ENTERED my sewing room !

Woo hoo !   I got an idea for making a backing for the sixteen-patch top, and went right to work on it.  I had already put together enough extra blocks to widen a 42-inch piece of fabric so that it would be wide enough to extend a couple of inches past the top on all sides.  This 'ugly' fabric was my beginning inspiration when I first went through the box of fabrics that JoAnn sent to me.


Blessedly, I also found, in that box, a gold-colored fabric that would work (it's only going to show for a couple of inches at the top and bottom of the back of the quilt), so, it didn't take me long to cut and piece it all together.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon getting a haircut (DON'T ASK !!!!!!!!!), and getting the backyard mowed.  After that, I was ready for ANOTHER shower and some recliner/t.v time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving that ugly quilt...looks like something my grandmother would have made (she never wasted a scrap of fabric or a piece of yarn). I'm glad that you had time to sew!

    Now, about the haircut????

    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !