*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

I finished another quilt top ! Butterscotch and Stripes

EDIT:  

 Now bordered in the stripe.  Have enough left to bind it with same stripe.
And I want to note that I bought a used Q-Snap floor frame from Wanda C. (that's it overturned in the photo so that Marley doesn't use it as a hammock !)  Love it !





This top just came out of NOWHERE. 

A friend was placing an order with Connecting Threads a couple of months ago,and asked if I wanted to add something onto her order and share the postage.

I had been eyeing this green stripe, so I said, "yeh, get me 3 yards of this."

Well, at about the same time that it arrived, I spied this butterscotch-colored Waverly solid at our local Walmart.  I had meant to get some of it when several of their solids went to $1.00 per yard last summer, but I kept putting it off until I missed it.   Somehow this bolt missed the markdown and when I saw it, it only had 2 yards left on it !    So I bought the rest of the bolt.

I had NO PLAN to use the two fabrics together.  In fact, I was playing around with some other solids/polka dots and white-background prints, using this block. 
For some reason, (I think that I realized that I didn't have enough fabric like this to make anything of size), I switched and started making blocks with the butterscotch and my brown prints.  I tried a couple of layouts and really thought that the coloration looked RICH (still do!)
At first, I was laying the blocks out ON TOP OF the green striped fabric, to see how the combo worked.  I LIKED IT !
Then, after messing with design in EQ5, I changed to this 'trip around the world' shape.  I liked using the green stripe here, making it look recessed, and bringing the blocks forward.
Then at the end, I decided to use the rest of the butterscotch to give me big areas for quilting at the corners.

Based on 6-inch blocks, the finished size of the top right now is approximately 60 X 72 inches.  I don't know if I'll add borders to make it fit a bed or not.  Just letting it tell me what it needs, ya' know? Looking back at the first layout, I'm missing the big green feel.  Maybe I need to find a green that would work for a big outer border.

Quality control checked it out and gave it approval as is, but I'm still waiting for more input.
The color in the photos from different rooms really varies.  True color is somewhere inbetween.


4 comments:

  1. The cat has good taste in quilts. She blends with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must apologize, L.D. I recently found several precious comments from you, awaiting me in 'moderations'. I did NOT receive notification of these comments like I did for ones that other people have recently left. But I now know to check that 'file' more often. Thank you for your many kind words. And please keep visiting.

      Delete
  2. I see Miss Kitty likes it too! It must feel so fantastic to design and complete something like this. I watch from afar and marvel. Hope you are having a really great day. Hey, we have sunshine today and isn't that wonderful. My cat is sunbathing right this very minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you do amazing work. This one is quite striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !