*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Keeping up with things so far......

I cleaned the lint out of my bobbin area, as
 suggested in the quiltalong....it needed it!
......I got my back pieced,
and I got my quilt basted. 
After my fiasco with the polkadot quilt, I have trust issues, when it comes to basting.  More is never enough !
So I ran out of pins just pinning the quilt, and now I am supposed to baste a practice piece, too.  I may just thread-baste it.

Remember, if you follow me during this quiltalong, do as SHE says, not as I DO ! 
I'm a terrible student.

**************************************************
Also, I rewashed the Feathered Star/procrastination quilt, and am satisfied with it.  I'm it's mama, and know it's history, and I can live with it's imperfections.  What I WOULD like to point out though is the PERFECTION of the quilting design in the four corners of the quilt's center.   My best gal-pal, Wanda, designed these feathers to perfectly fit this area, way back in probably 1988 or 89.  They're just a perfect complement to the quilt, don't you think.

Thanks, Wanda Gayle !
***************************
EDIT:  I also got my practice piece basted, AND a small wall-hanging top that's been hanging around for atleast 15 years if not 20.

5 comments:

  1. always feels good to get something you need to do done. i love that feeling! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honor and pleasure of designing the feathers for that quilt years ago. It was so fun... and nothing compared to the beautiful workmanship and loving stitches you sewed to make this masterpiece quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand quilting is just exquisite Dolly.You should be so proud of your lovely work! God blessed you with awesome talent:) I love the bible cover too.

    I wish I had time to do the quiltalong, but I am enjoying watching you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, such beauty and perfection is a privilege to see!!! However do you do it? Its gorgeous...=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful pictures and so much quilty goodness! thank you for sharing such lovely dainties with us! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !