*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Winging it's way........

.......off to Michigan tomorrow morning, LORD willing !
I whipped up a quickie gift to go along with the commissioned quilt....(it always thrills me when I order something and the person throws in a little sumpin-sumpin bonus, and this lady was so sweet and quite generous).....a matching diaper-changing pad.  I even tried to replicate the quilt's design, this time in a rectangular shape.  I got to make use of the tan paisley fabric that I originally purchased for this quilt, using it on the back and adding a little fuzzy star applique.   I admit that I felt a little bad that the quilt was a tiny bit smaller than the original one that she saw at the baby shower, but I'm like a cook who doesn't use recipes, never making ANYTHING the same way TWICE......... still, I hope that this makes up for that a little bit .
These pads were a wonderfully handy thing for us when Zoe and T.J. were in diapers. So much better than the vinyl/plastic ones that let pee run all over the place in the case of an unexpected soaking during the diaper change !  Of course, they don't help alot with the trajectory of a little boy's aim, or lack thereof, but that shower is just a bonus for newbies that don't remember to put something over the offending weapon....ha !
Anyway, I wanted to wrap the quilt for a nice presentation, so I headed down to our local fabric store for some ribbon, hoping that they also carried tissue paper.  They didn't, but the clerk suggested tulle.  It turned out that the color of tulle they carried was a soft tan color, beige maybe, so it was just perfect for this application.  The ribbon was beautiful, and affordable, so I brought it home and tried my hand at wrapping.
I know that it will get a bit crushed in transport, but this wire-edged ribbon will spring right back with the right coaxing, and she can easily re-wrap it as it was, after inspecting the quilt.
Overall, I'm pleased with the finished product.

3 comments:

  1. Exquisite, from the quilt ,to the diaper changing pad(which is brilliant I might add!) to the packaging!! What a lovely job you did:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Dolly, As you can see I finally figured out how to be able to post comments again :)
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !