*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to my niece, Allyssia !

Well, actually, she's my GREAT niece, but truly, they're ALL great !
I filled in for Mandy's babysitter yesterday and today, having Allyssia brought over here at 5 in the morning........she was a living doll !

And today was her birthday.  We went out to sit in the driveway to play, and she was wearing shorts.  She didn't like crawling on the rocks on her bare knees, so I dug out an outfit that had belonged to my granddaughter 6 years ago........this little set of overalls and red onesie. Zoe wore them at around 4 months of age, but Allyssia is a petite baby.   They fit more like capris than long pants, but it covered her knees, so she was happily able to crawl around, sufficiently protected.

Then while I was preparing dinner tonight, I received the most precious phone call.........Zoe, my 6 1/2 year-old granddaughter, called to sing a song to me that they had prepared at school for assembly.  It was a song celebrating "grandparents' day" ! 
I didn't even know today WAS grandparents day, but thankfully.......and my LORD is so good this way,.......I got to spend it with a baby in my arms, and my own grandchildren singing to me and Papa on the phone !

 Here are photos of my youngest grandbaby, Seth, enjoying his first peanut-butter and Jelly sandwich !  (sometimes I have to 'find' my grandbabies photos on Facebook........my daughter says that it's quicker to share them with everyone at once !)  Looks like he couldn't get the sandwich in there fast enough !

Aren't I blessed?

Praise the LORD !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !