*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, September 20, 2010

Quilt show results..... (and a link to a giveaway)

Jodie Ann, also known around here as "Anonymous", sent me photos from the Shawnee Spinning Spools Quilt Show in Oklahoma.  She wanted me to feel just as if I were there !  A virtual tour of the show, thank you very much, Miss Jodie !

And one of the quilts that she entered, that I had made, won a third place prize.......apparently, instead of ribbons, for third place winners they awarded a sack, printed with the name of the guild !  That's it hanging there on the left side.  Hey, that's fine with me !

I said that I was all through entering competitions, but I have to admit that there is a certain thrill in just seeing your quilt hanging in a show for all the world to have a good look at !
Prize or no prize, it is THE BEST way to get a photo of the whole quilt, wonderfully displayed.

Jodie informs me that the geese quilt that I made came just 3 VOTES short of winning the VIEWER'S choice award.  Now that is humbling !  She didn't send me a photo of it, but you can see it and read a bit of the story of it, here, on my Flickr page.

In other news, I finished adding the triangles to 15 of the 20 Pandolph blocks.  I hope to get the rest finished today and trimming begun. 

I practiced my
machine-quilting
....'nuff said.....










back side of free-motion quiltalong quilt


Oh, I almost forgot some BIG news.  I went to our local free health fair on Saturday, and (in honor of Jennifer --above wedding quilt--who always used to win when we went to shows together,) I WON A DOOR PRIZE ! 














I never, never, NEVER win anything......not complaining, just a fact........so when told at THE NURSING HOME'S BOOTH, that I could choose any of the four baskets that they had as prizes, I CHOSE THE BIGGEST ! 
Look at all the goodies inside ~!~
Even the basket itself is gorgeous !

Greedy, I know, and I have since repented of that greediness and decided to give said basket and goodies to my daughter when she and the family come out to see me ..... EVENTUALLY........because, guess what??????
They were approved, last week, for a loan to get their first house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have it all picked out and are going through all the necessary steps now !
So this will be her FIRST (hopefully) housewarming gift !


And, after seeing, at Saturday's health fair, that I'm letting myself get out of shape, now that I'm driving again, I decided to walk to town today to run my errands.   It is a beautiful 91 degrees outside, and the LORD cooled me down with a wonderful blast of a breeze as I reached my biggest hill on the way back home !  The birds are singing and God's creation is beautifully set for the coming change of seasons !

Think I'll grab a little nap now !
Picture provided by "The Last Piece" blog

Back for just a moment with the promised (in the amended title of this post) link to a giveaway.
This blog is hosted by a fabric designer who has just received BOLTS of her latest line, and they are GORGEOUS, fun-looking fabrics.   Read here for details of the giveaway......let's hope I'm on a roll, and WON'T be greedy about these winnings either !

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the win! It's a beautiful quilt. So much news in this post. The basket was surely a blessing and what a huge heart to share that with your daughter! She will love it.

    Thanks for such a happy, healthy post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your 3rd place win at the quilting show! That quilt is so gorgeous, I can see why it placed so high! Your free motion quilting is looking so good, be proud!! One of these days I will venture from my stippling and swirls...one of these days....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !