*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Good morning, bloggy friends

What a wonderful morning !  So full of possibilities, and so very blessed by God !  Are you feeling well, did you rest safe and warm?  Count your blessings this morning.......you'll feel better !

Yesterday, my landlady and landlord came and worked on our plumbing/drain problems......in fact they spent about 3 hours or MORE here doing just that..........and got everything running smoothly again.  And they wouldn't accept any payment, God bless them ! 
When they left, I set up the basting frame in the driveway to baste my little blue leaf quilt.  Suddenly I noticed that the sky was all grey and the wind had that feel to it...........uh, oh !
I had no idea that rain was in the forecast !  But hubbykins kept me company, sitting on the picnic table with Piper while I worked, and blessedly, the rain never came ! 

I'm all basted and nearly ready for quilting.  I'd like to try to find some blue thread or something dark and neutral to quilt with.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.....meander?  Straight, semi-straight-line?  We'll just have to wait and see what kind of inspiration strikes.

In the meantime, Mandy has said she'll pick me up this morning, and she, Allyssia and I will hit the second-hand store for end tables/furniture;  then she's going to show me her new apartment.   She'd like for me to make her a throw for her couch, so I need to get some idea of her furnishings and preferences.

Kell, I hope you had a good time at your house-warming last night........I sure wish I could have been there !   So happy for all of you in your new house !   Papa and I send our love !

4 comments:

  1. isnt that interesting i have a house warming gift for kel and i am waiting to get to target eventually so i can send along some $$ to spend on her new house.

    i got the AWESOME DINO you are the BEST and the most gorgeous appliquer. YOU may show his picture it is great, now i need to cut out the quilt. i am having iron problems and it makes me really cranky i finally after gary and i searched forever for a replacement iron with a nonstick sole and auto on and off gave up. well when i started having problems really bad this last week, i said you know i bet Amazon has my iron, low and behold there it was for about the same price i paid about 5 years ago. i ordered it am excitedly awaiting it. i tried using my older iron that has never had water in it i use for iron on but it just wont get hot enough for what i am doing. anyway. have a good weekend, we need rain but had the same teasing the last two days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Dino is great! The leaves are awesome too. Nice to see another peek at them. Can't wait to see the inspirational result of the quilting on it.
    So excited that dd has a new place! Hope you get to see some pics of the place and the party :0) Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt....those vibrant blues...love those colors. How nice you didn't get rained 'out'. =) I'm off to watch a movie with hubby if he wants too. You know how blogging can eat up an hour or so...its so sweet to visit around, the time just flies by. Wishing you a blessed Lord's Day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR CAT is a RIOT i just want to reach out and squeeze that kid
    thinking of you guys
    luv ya
    jodie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !