*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SNOW news is OLD news.....

....but it's still news to me !

Oklahoma got plastered again, and we here, southwest of Nashville, are finishing up with about 2 1/2 inches.  Wow, I love to watch it snow !   I sat down at my sewing machine and was able to look up through the windows above it and get my heart's fill !

And........I finished this little top.........unless I decide to border it, which I HIGHLY doubt.  It is what it is.   I don't guess I"ll truly name it until I've quilted and finished it.  I am now reminded of leaves lying on a swimming pool or some other water.

 The photo is a bit overlightened, but was too dark before and I went with auto-adjust in my photo program.

On the techy side, I had two problems solved today.
My digital camera has been making me format the memory card after EVERY set of photos I take, and I suspected that it was more a problem with old batteries than with the card.  I use rechargeable AA's and I've had them for atleast 4 years, maybe 5.  I bought new ones today, and sure enough, no more problem with the card !  Yay, praise the LORD !

And I had a live online chat with my cable company because my phone was out YET AGAIN.  I learned that power surges cause you to need to reset the modem by unplugging it and plugging it back in.  Could I not have been told this one of the 6 or so times I've had this complaint before?  Hmmmmm.......well, anyway, atleast it's working again and it was an easy at-home solution.

By the way, since Connecting Threads sent me a replacement set of strips, I am impressed with their customer service if not their quality control.   So I want to mention that if anyone is interested in making a zigzag quilt like mine with solids, the sampler set of strips are on sale again, 40% off this time, making them $3.98 for a set of 24  2 1/2 inch strips, and it takes two sets to make a top like mine.
Scroll down the page a bit for the fabric samplers.  I used the cool solids sampler, but am thinking that the light solids would make an awesome one.

4 comments:

  1. This quilt just makes my heart sing! It could have a little bit to do that my first full-sized quilt was a leaf block, but I think it has more to do with the fact that this is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting more snow than we are! NOT FAIR!!!! LOL! I love the quilt just the way it is, without a border.
    La la la, I can't hear you singing your Connecting Threads is having a sale song, la la la. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaves on a pond is what I was thinking of when I saw this! It's beautiful.

    Hooray for even thinking of conquering the techno side of things. Isn't it awesome to be able to figure something on your own or even with help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves on blue background are SOOO beautiful! When I saw the header I thought it was a computer model but it is the REAL thing! GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !