*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Outlaw partial reunion !

Finally, after over 3 years apart, 3 of the original 8 outlaws were reunited yesterday, albeit only for a few short hours !

It was so great to have Wanda and Terri stop overnight at my home on their WAY home.  It was like we just saw each other yesterday, only with more hugs and grins and GOODIES for ME thrown in !  And this after just getting to see Mary Ellen and her daughter a month ago, right here, too !

You're next, Jodie Ann !  Sadly, our Joy Del passed on a few years ago and is looking down from above, so it'll be a while, hopefully for obvious reasons, before we see her again.  You know, she's probably reaching for her outlaw holster, since she already knows what I just found out !........that in the 3+ years I've been gone, our old group has only gotten together once, for the 2009 Christmas party !   I'm ready to whip out my rotary cutter myself and have at it !

Oh, like I told Terri and Wanda, those years together were a very special season in all of our lives, and    couldn't go on forever, I guess.  But it's seems such a shame that it is no more.

However, on the flip side, my experiences are proof that the friendships forged in that season DO last a lifetime, and that's the good stuff, right there.  I mean, SERIOUSLY, I love you guys !

One regret.......I'm so ditsy ..........Terri said, "so, Walmart, is that the only place that you have that sells fabric here?"  And Dolly says (in my defense, I DID stay up a couple of hours later than I'm used to doing), "no, besides Walmart, we have a little fabric store downtown."    La, la, la, la, lah............uh, we have NO FABRIC in our Walmart, and why didn't I see that she wanted to GO to whatever fabric store we DO have?   Terri, I'm so sorry.  I shouldn't drink TWO cups of coffee, but you came up with that Amish-made blueberry struesel cake, and I just lost all sense !  Ha, when I make me a little Amish quiltie with the fabric you bought me, I'll always have a memory of my ditz moment (as if it were a single occurrence !)

Anyway, for now, I treasure ALL of these moments.  Be blessed, dearest friends !




4 comments:

  1. Treasured friends to last a lifetime! So happy you had this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful when friendships stand the test of time. You look so happy together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure had a lot of fun visiting! It was like old times without the actual hands-on quilting part. LOL!

    As far as your concerns for Terri's questions - we weren't looking for fabric per se but just did not want to miss anything if there was some special local shop to visit.

    You might like to know that we made a brief stop at the local antique shop on Main St. on the way out of town and Terri found a little treasure.

    We also had fun reminiscing about the visit and quilting days gone by on the way home!!
    The 10 hours in the car flew by!

    Hopefully we will ALL be inspired to get into our love of creativity in quilting again and not get too busy with the mundane tasks of life. That sounds really good to me!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your comment to me...thank you Dolly. I thought I'd heard something about PrepH being used on the face also. Those brave women! hadn't heard about WD40...if only it were true ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !