Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Sunday, July 15, 2012

The sweet little room.........exploded !

Nah, not really, but you can either have it NEAT, or you can get some inspiration and work going,  am I right?

I figured out a design that I wanted to use for a baby quilt that is needed for an anticipated September arrival, so I dragged out the appropriate fabrics (thanks once again to Jodie Ann's leftovers), and got to work yesterday.  Well, it didn't take long for the room to look like a bomb had been dropped on it.  But,  inspiration reigns !

On the other side of the coin, I am just jumping with excitement and anticipation of a couple of my dearest Oklahoma galpals arriving this week to stay overnight on their long drive home.  My husband asked yesterday, in front of his 59 year-old nephew, "honey, are you going to straighten up this mess before your friends arrive?"   REALLY?

LORD, I know that you set the solitary in families, and I am blessed to have been married to this man for over 35 years now, but........REALLY?  Where do they get these questions?  I think maybe it is because they were formed from the dust of the earth, and we were formed from good substantial BONE, albeit theirs.  I don't know, but we surely are different.

Anyway, never fear, Wanda and Terri........you are welcomed with open arms, a picked up home, and hopefully, LORD willing, a big pot of that Chicken and Dumplings that we used to enjoy during our quiltathons !

Then, next week, we'll think about this quilt.......

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you have a room to sew/create in! I know the baby quilt will be very appreciated.
    I know you and your girlfriends will have a nice time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "honey, are you going to straighten up this mess before your friends arrive?" REALLY? ...

    lol...giggle...snort....

    Men! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !