*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, July 30, 2012

Still quilting on 'River's' quilt

Not much imagination put into this quilting, just following the seamlines of the blocks.  But still I think that it will be a nice little quiltie when finished.  I don't know yet what I will quilt in the soccer-ball border, since it will hardly show up, but the baby shower is this coming Saturday, so decisions need to be made.  I had hoped to make a bib or two or something to go with the quilt, but time seems to run through my hands lately !

Lottie is pretty much getting back to her normal play.  I found a little carpet covered plaything for her at a yard sale on Saturday and she is very much enjoying it.

I only included this photo to show that she's rarely still enough to capture a good shot when she's playing at her new 'castle'.  She's a joy in my daily life and silly though it may seem to some, I thank God for her.


 In gardening news, I also scored a couple of big pots at a yard sale on Saturday.  I have been buying up shrubs as they go on clearance at Walmart, but am waiting to put them into the ground.

They seem to do better if you wait until Fall or Spring.   I may just go ahead and put two Rhododendrons together into this biggest pot (they're not actually potted up here, just sitting in their original plastic pots inside of this bigger one).  They say that Rhodos like an acid-soil mix, and I don't think that I have that in my yard.  I must figure out how to make one up for this pot.
The other large pot is holding my new Spirea for now.   I'll probably put it directly into the ground once Fall comes.
My Crape Myrtle have started blooming now.  The dwarf ones are a cherry red,

and the bigger one is  called 'Catawba' and is a pinky/purple.



4 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm happy to see Lottie is feeling happy again! She is so beautiful. The quilt is adorable and will be treasured I am sure. I love your collection of plants and your yard sale finds. Have a relaxing evening.
























    i






    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toy is identical to one of the two we have here for the cats. When they were little they were on the toys all the time! Hope it brings back good memories for her. ~Kell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little quilt! They will love it!!

    Crazy cat!!! Yes, it is hard when our pets are sick or have to go to the vet. I hate it when they put them under and you get them home and they are just soooo pitiful!!
    Glad kitty is on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see Lottie is back to her "exciting!" self. She is so sweet! I appreciate your thankfulness for her and am mindful for my blessings more each day :)

    I like your new big pots too. Your yard and flowers all look so nice. Crape Myrtle is one of my favorites. It is one of the few bright hearty spots even in the hottest summers. Have a lovely day my friend!
    ~ Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !