Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I finished the applique

I left the 'blushing' quilt top in three sections to do the applique, for ease of handling.  Parts of flowers or leaves that covered a joining seam were left unfinished until that seam could be sewn.  All of the applique is now done, and the three sections are joined.
I know it's not a great photo, but it's the best I could do
at this time of evening.  Maybe when it's bordered,
I can hang it on the clothesline during the daytime for
another shot.

I thought that meant that the quilt top was finished, but
#1.  The design included a white 2 inch strip across the bottom and down both sides, in addition to the one I already have pieced across the top.
#2.  After laying the top out on my bed, I realize that it would do nicely to have a 3 or 4 inch final border around it, especially since I know that quilting will cause it to come out just a little bit smaller than it is now.

I'll probably choose some sort of pretty green as a final border.   I really like this quilt.   Hubby likes it too.

5 comments:

  1. That makes three of us, because I really like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a sweet quilt! It will be happy with borders, is it just that you want to be finished?
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,yes, yes, YES ! I want this one basted, quilted, bound and CRINKLY ! These cooler nights have me ready for a new snuggly quilt to sleep under !

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by !