*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just a little bit Amish......

.....when my dear friend, Terri, visited this summer, she brought me a stack of solid fabric fat quarters that she had bought from an Amish woman when she and our other dear friend, Wanda, visited  Pennsylvania. 

Looking for inspiration, I browsed around on Flickr and came across this beauty.  I won't share the picture here, but you should definitely click on the link and look at ALL of the pictures of this quilt !  Outstanding.

I was really taken with the core design. of this quilt;  it has stayed in the back of my mind for over a month now, and just had to come out today.  Having enough fabric to make a wallhanging, I wanted to be sure that I would actually hang something in our home to enjoy; so I went with the blue and the black from the stack of fabrics (the wallpaper in my kitchen has blue in the floral bouquets).  I added the blue and white print for a nostalgic look, and to coordinate with the quilt kit that Wanda gave me (more on that later when I have a bigger space of time to make that quilt).

So here is what I came up with.   I cut it out and pieced it this afternoon.  It's around 20 inches square.   I'll probably machine-quilt this one and I hope to get to that very soon.

Tomorrow morning I'm supposed to keep Allyssia for a bit, and I want to give her all my attention.  I so seldom get to play with the little ones, so I'm going to give it my best.  She's such a sweetie pie.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilt on the link and I love your blue and white. Have fun with Alyssia tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dolly, that's a great little quilt. It's so great it makes me want to quilt it--probably because in the 80's I was so drawn to Amish and Mennonite quilts that I made many. In fact, I still haven't finished quilting my un-Amish Amish bars--un-Amish because I appliqued geese on the bottom part of the quilt.
    Love the new morning glory in your header too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolly, I'm glad to hear your husband came through his surgery well. What a blessing and how good it must be to be home again....We've had some of those days...sleeping in the hospital. Hard.

    Your Amish quilt hanging is stunning! Love it!! You should have an Etsy shop! =) Have a great day, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !