" Do you not know?
Have you not heard???

The LORD is the everlasting GOD,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary,
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

"The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." Isaish 50:4


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Connecting Threads package..........

....arrived today, and has me longing to start Seth's quilt.  It should be a quickie to make, based on the design shown in these fabrics on Connecting Thread's website.  You could buy a kit for the quilt, including all fabric AND the pattern, measuring about 63 by 71, for $20. + change.   Instead, I ordered extra stacks and yardage for borders, hoping to enlarge the pattern to 72 x 90 or so.

We'll see how long it takes me to actually get around to piecing it.  Atleast I wrote the kids a letter today and sent my daughter some seeds from the flowers blooming in my yard.

I took the quick way out, and machine zig-zagged my orange peels........I realized that I just wasn't at a place in my life where I wanted to start a long-term project.  So, for instant gratification, I made 36 blocks, each measuring 4 1/2 inches.     I like it, but don't know if I want to stop at this size.  It would be a great size for my kitchen wall, but I'll sit and stare at it for awhile before I go farther.

3 comments:

  1. Very bright and cheerful! Hope you have a nice weekend coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I like those orange peels! Very cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a beauty...I love every quilt you makes...it seems! I was just on a blog with a 'penny quilt' she picked up for $10.00 with masking taped edges. My Mom embroidered me a quilt and masking taped the quilt batting together. She said the tape would eventually wash away...right! grin. I loved her anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !