Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Poor photos........

I mean, the colors are way off on the red/teal set, but, I enjoyed a good afternoon of sewing.

I made a couple of potholders for myself a few days ago, after realizing during Thanksgiving that my potholders were in BAD shape !  For mine, I used some blue and green scraps I had, mixed with Tufted Tweets couch print.

Then when I got the birthday package from Wanda Gayle, I saw that the fabrics she sent would be perfect in my niece's kitchen.
Here's a fuzzy photo I found online of the actual colors of the fabrics.  It's Lila Tueller's woodland bloom.

  So, today I paper-pieced a couple of patterns that I made up on the spot, and finished the blocks into potholders for part of her Christmas gift.



I hope to find some coordinating kitchen towels to put with these.

Next, I'd like to make a couple that would go with a kitchen decorated with an apple theme.

2 comments:

  1. Dotty, What cute pot holders! We all could probably look through our drawers and make room for some nicer quilted potholders than that old burn an dirty ones! What a thoughtful gift idea and a fun little project! So glad you have an awesome neighbor to cook your cake(s)!
    Happy quilting!
    ~ Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !