*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving was nice........

........Jeff gave me a nearly 20 pound turkey to roast, and I made all the fixin's to go along with it, dressing, peas, real mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, gravy, pies (chocolate and chess), rolls, cranberry sauce (from a can).   Jeff brought deviled eggs and a peach cobbler.  He came in time to eat with hubby and myself.  Then his daughter Mandy came with her boyfriend, and her son and daughter.......she brought baked apple slices.  Then, surprise-surprise, my brother, Jim, called and said that he was in town and wanted directions to my place !   So he came over and Jjeff came back and we visited and he ate too.  

     I got up first thing this morning searching for Black Friday internet sales, specifically Connecting Threads.  I ordered a collection of fat-quarters called Rivera II, (it's sold out, but it's the fabrics used in this wallhanging)and checked out.  Then I went back and found something else and by the time I called to see if they could add it to the first order, the second thing I picked out was GONE !  I wish I had atleast copied a picture of the quilt in the kit so that I could buy the individual fabrics to make it without the kit !  Oh well, it gave me an idea for a quilt out of some fabric I ordered 2 years ago on Cyber Monday !

Enjoy the rest of this weekend, and be safe if you're on the highway !   Be blessed !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !