Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A day of gardening

Every Winter for the last few years (since I passed 45 or so), I end up being pretty inactive, and I always wonder if, once Spring comes, I'll still be able to do the yardwork and the gardening that I enjoy.  It may sound silly, but it's a reality for me.......I get so stiff and out of shape inside this little home that doesn't require a lot of  work to keep going for the two of us ! 

But, praise God, I always seem to find that the rebirth around me seems to spur me on, and gradually, day by day, I find that I can jump right back into the old routine.   I am more tired in the evenings than I was in my younger days, but, hey, that's the price of getting older, right? 

Today, I thought I'd try to weed a couple of flowerbeds, but wound up working at it for probably 4 or 5 hours without tiring.   I was amazed, and just kept thanking the Lord for my renewed energy.  I quit around suppertime, and went into the house, stood about 5 minutes, and TIRED washed over me like a warm shower !   You know what,,.........that's okay.   Hubby-sweetkins was patient enough to settle for a summer sausage, cheese and cracker meal since I had gotten totally wrapped up in my yardwork and forgot to thaw his dinner.  Maybe I'll even sleep good for a change.  

Oh what a blessing a good night's sleep is.........if you sleep well, never take it for granted !   It is a blessing straight from God !

Changing subjects, sortof, I have more flower photos.


These are a perennial called CandyTuft.



 I had never raised them before, but bought two plants last spring.  They stayed green all Winter, and began blooming again in late January or February if I recall right.  The second photo shows where they are in relation to the Violets and Violas I shared yesterday, my front sidewalk.

 The sky under which I worked today ~!~
Ever just take a picture of the sky above your head?   I don't think that I ever had, but I did today !  Rejoice in all things........what a beautiful day ~!~


And this is a photo of my yard from ground-level.  Someone asked yesterday what kind of grass I have because my yard is currently just a flowing carpet (occasionally interspersed with a weed or two) of little tiny white and purple flowers.   I don't know what it is, but it happens every Spring around here, and I wait until it's gone to do a full mowing because I just think that it is lovely !

I apologize to anyone who started following this blog because of quilting info that I might share.   Once the weather breaks, I find myself drawn outside.......after all, this little home is only 700 square feet, and I'm a big girl;  I desire space !   But the lure of the sewing machine is equally strong, and will soon win again !  

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! And how lovely that you had all the energy you needed and will sleep so well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly, I so know what you mean about getting extra tired in the evenings and finding sleep elusive some nights. Your flowers are so pretty. Each winter I too wonder if I'll be able to flower 'garden' as I did the previous year. And I come back at it....also. You never know though. God is so good to us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !