Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Monday, April 22, 2013

One step closer ....well, 4 steps, actually !

Today has been a BEAUTIFUL day from the beginning, ON !

Hubby and I started clearing off all the clutter on the back deck, including the hose reel attachment screwed to the side of it, and then we brushed off a lot of accumulated yuck.  We pulled off most of the old latticework from down below-deck, and then hubby and I started cutting in the new porchfloor color.

It was frightening !   So orange !  This was supposed to look like an aged clay pot, I thought !    But it went on so shiny and bright !   I stuck in there and had faith, though, and after two complete coats and a quick drying in the bright sunlight, it now resembles a NEW clay pot...........which really isn't bad at all.   I'm pleased with the finished look.

 I left the big boards under the floorboards unpainted, intending to purchase another gallon of the white, and possibly white plastic latticework.  I'll have to do some pricing before I make my decisions, but I'm thinking that I'd like those boards white.  I didn't want a huge band of orange showing from the yard level.

Anyway, I have chicken thighs slowcooking, potatoes boiling for mashing, and French-style greenbeans simmering with new green onions.  Not bad for a gal who went and tilled some more of that garden spot AFTER finishing the painting......huh ?

Love ya'll !


2 comments:

  1. Dolly, dear, you never cease to amaze me! I love how lush and green your yard looks and your energy level to get things done is inspirational! Your deck looks awesome and I know you will have real clay pots on it soon just stuffed with beautiful flowers!

    Thanks for always making me (and hubby when I share your post's news) smile.

    ps the quilt was from a tutorial from Rett's blog on how to paint one of her tree prints/work. She is so talented!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! So hard-working and productive. My yard is surely needing attention too - but cold and rain and laziness? are interfering :)
    The deck looks GREAT! Very fresh and nice. Not too orange at all. Good color. I kind of like the lower edge of deck the brownish grey look that it has right now. Had you thought of a third color of a neutral for that area? I'm sure whatever you select will be very nice!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !