*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day

A special Happy Mothers' day goes out to my little girl as she spends this day without her hubby there to help.  I'm told that 9 year-old Zoe fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for everyone (with mommy supervising, of course) so that mommy didn't have to cook.  Way to go, Zoe, I'm so proud of you !

 My son-in-love, Tim, always spoils my daughter as she deserves, but is now deployed once again, so I especially wish that I could have been there for her day.

As far as my mother goes, she passed away in 1988.  I was able to put together a small bouquet in a glass vase to take to her gravestone.  The bouquet included roses, daisies and bachelor buttons.  Her stone was easily recognizable from the road, as the Irises growing behind it were still in bloom, towering over the stone.  Daddy's daisies were also in full bloom.
I can hardly believe that just hubby and I went through that much ice cream this past year !

On the homefront, with this strange Spring we're having we're expecting a frost tonight; so, I dragged every ice cream bucket and leftover potting container I could find to cover the new little plants.  I put a few English Pea seeds and a few watermelon seeds into one area of the garden today, too.


Anyway, sending love and good memories out to all the moms today.  Be sure and stop to smell those red roses !

1 comment:

  1. We have had frost warnings here too! My mom and dad eat a lot of ice cream, but I think you guys have them beat! LOL

    Happy Mother's Day Monday to you and thank you to your family for their sacrifice and service to our country!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !