*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, May 2, 2013

We did it.......the garden is IN !

 I'm sorry about the lack of pictures of the actual garden work.  Had a problem with the camera, but wanted to be sure and document today's momentous progress !
This is the only shot I got of the garden before the card needed reformatting.  And since the wedding photos are on it, I couldn't reformat right now, or I would wipe them all out ! 

I couldn't figure out why I had so much trepidation about this garden all Winter long, and it finally hit me today.....I've never made a garden big enough to need walking rows !   Before it was always a patch with a fence on one side for climbing things, and reaching distance on the other side.........maybe 4 ft x 12 to 15 ft.

This plot measures 21 feet x 21 feet !   With hubby's supervision, direction, moral support and encouragement, I tilled, loosened soil for rows, made a plan, purchased plants, planted plants and seeds, erected tomato cages (one of THE most difficult jobs of the entire DAY), and made hills for planting the cukes and squash.  IT IS DONE.

I have one small section that I may fill with potato eyes if I can get it dug a little bit deeper.   And I have most of 2 rows still open for anything that I might want to add later.
I wound up with 8 tomatoes, an entire row of Okra, 6 hills of cucumbers, 6 hills of yellow squash, 4 bell peppers, and 4 banana peppers.

Now comes the concern about deer eating everything I've put into the ground !   I have no fencing or any other deterrent.  I am praying.

In other news, my niece, Mandy, Allyssia's mommy, got married yesterday evening.   I hope they live well and happily together and for Christ.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am so in awe of you for doing the on your own! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge job and you've done it all...wow! Good for you Dolly! It looks wonderful.=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !