Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Friday, January 24, 2014

January progress

 I've been slacking on my blog posts this week.

Last weekend, just in time to take the quilt to church on Sunday, I received the backing flannel for the blue baby quilt.

The squares for the front were already cut in a package of squares that my sister brought to me in September.  She had cut a lot of flannel into squares and then decided that she didn't want to fool with them.  I used the blues for a quilt for a new baby boy born to one of our young church couples.
 The penguin fabric for the back was on sale on Etsy for only $1.50 per yard !  I got the 2 yards and it worked out great.  I got it quilted and didn't have to bind it, as I made it 'pillow-style', turning it inside out to stitch around, and then 'birthing it'.

I got the borders sewn on the Snowflakes quilt top and it ended up measuring 46 inches square.  That should work out great for hanging on my wall quilt rack.  I like the stripes.  I hope I can get this one basted soon.



Then, remembering that Alyissia didn't have enough doll quilts for the 3 babies we were playing with the other day, I whipped up an extra little quilt.

 I just used two pieces of pretty, leftover flannels that I had for the top, and some of the remaining penguin fabric from the blue baby quilt.






 On top of all this, I snuck out into the cold yesterday and got the front brakes replaced, and the rear brakes scraped and cleaned.  This cold is a BEAR, but the LORD is graciously providing us with a warm home, and plenty to eat.......GOD IS SO GOOD !  Be blessed !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !