*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, January 24, 2014

January progress

 I've been slacking on my blog posts this week.

Last weekend, just in time to take the quilt to church on Sunday, I received the backing flannel for the blue baby quilt.

The squares for the front were already cut in a package of squares that my sister brought to me in September.  She had cut a lot of flannel into squares and then decided that she didn't want to fool with them.  I used the blues for a quilt for a new baby boy born to one of our young church couples.
 The penguin fabric for the back was on sale on Etsy for only $1.50 per yard !  I got the 2 yards and it worked out great.  I got it quilted and didn't have to bind it, as I made it 'pillow-style', turning it inside out to stitch around, and then 'birthing it'.

I got the borders sewn on the Snowflakes quilt top and it ended up measuring 46 inches square.  That should work out great for hanging on my wall quilt rack.  I like the stripes.  I hope I can get this one basted soon.



Then, remembering that Alyissia didn't have enough doll quilts for the 3 babies we were playing with the other day, I whipped up an extra little quilt.

 I just used two pieces of pretty, leftover flannels that I had for the top, and some of the remaining penguin fabric from the blue baby quilt.






 On top of all this, I snuck out into the cold yesterday and got the front brakes replaced, and the rear brakes scraped and cleaned.  This cold is a BEAR, but the LORD is graciously providing us with a warm home, and plenty to eat.......GOD IS SO GOOD !  Be blessed !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !