Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Friday, January 31, 2014

Diamonds in the Dirt

I am happy to say that I finished piecing my "Diamonds in the Dirt" quilt top last night. 
 You know, it's funny, I started this top just to use up some old browns, and to postpone cutting into a newer collection of greens and yellows.  I'm not sure what I want to use the new fabrics for, so this was just 'passing time and being useful'.  Well, I am CRAZY about this top !    I only hope that I can get a chance to baste it soon.  I'm even CONSIDERING hand-quilting it !   

I KNOW !

I NEVER DO THAT ANYMORE !

I just love the way that the lighter pieces 'sparkle' throughout the quilt, especially in a low light situation ! 

This is not my original design........I saw something like this in a quilting catalog a couple of years ago and drafted it up the best I could.  I made it in a smaller size, but changed the design some this time.  I can see me doing it again, and that's saying a lot for me, because I hate to make the same design more than once.
I have a recipient in mind for this quilt, if and when I finish it, but I'll keep quiet about that as I'm terrible with deadlines and predictions.   I planned it as an extra-large nap quilt.......it measures about 56 X 80 inches.


This layout, without the sashing between the browns, has given me an idea for another setting possibility.

I almost left out this block.......it was an extra I made......but Dorothy Tucker at the quilting get-together the other day said that he just had to make his way into the quilt.   I'm not sorry that he did.......thanks Dot !

2 comments:

  1. Dolly, I can see why you love this quilt...its a beauty! and very cheerful with the reds. I like your header also. You are so blessed to be so talented.. I admire you and your quilts...=) I did some carding yesterday and may go spin awhile....its a toss up between that and 'my three sons' reruns. I do enjoy them and youtube has a dozen or so episodes. Have a cozy week dear blogging friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking you need to write up a pattern for it! I'm so impressed with how you take a picture or design and figure it out on your own! Fantastic top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !