*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, January 31, 2014

Diamonds in the Dirt

I am happy to say that I finished piecing my "Diamonds in the Dirt" quilt top last night. 
 You know, it's funny, I started this top just to use up some old browns, and to postpone cutting into a newer collection of greens and yellows.  I'm not sure what I want to use the new fabrics for, so this was just 'passing time and being useful'.  Well, I am CRAZY about this top !    I only hope that I can get a chance to baste it soon.  I'm even CONSIDERING hand-quilting it !   

I KNOW !

I NEVER DO THAT ANYMORE !

I just love the way that the lighter pieces 'sparkle' throughout the quilt, especially in a low light situation ! 

This is not my original design........I saw something like this in a quilting catalog a couple of years ago and drafted it up the best I could.  I made it in a smaller size, but changed the design some this time.  I can see me doing it again, and that's saying a lot for me, because I hate to make the same design more than once.
I have a recipient in mind for this quilt, if and when I finish it, but I'll keep quiet about that as I'm terrible with deadlines and predictions.   I planned it as an extra-large nap quilt.......it measures about 56 X 80 inches.


This layout, without the sashing between the browns, has given me an idea for another setting possibility.

I almost left out this block.......it was an extra I made......but Dorothy Tucker at the quilting get-together the other day said that he just had to make his way into the quilt.   I'm not sorry that he did.......thanks Dot !

2 comments:

  1. Dolly, I can see why you love this quilt...its a beauty! and very cheerful with the reds. I like your header also. You are so blessed to be so talented.. I admire you and your quilts...=) I did some carding yesterday and may go spin awhile....its a toss up between that and 'my three sons' reruns. I do enjoy them and youtube has a dozen or so episodes. Have a cozy week dear blogging friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking you need to write up a pattern for it! I'm so impressed with how you take a picture or design and figure it out on your own! Fantastic top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !