I made a trip to the hardware store, before the rain started....yikes, more precip!.....and I purchased a 4 x 8 foot sheet of foam core board.
It turns out that this 48-inch-square piece is a great size for basting baby quilts !
I pieced together several leftover pieces of batting and cleared off my cutting table.
The back is one that I made last night.
I kept searching my stash for a suitable one-yard piece, and couldn't find anything modern enough to match the dandelions and the solids. But I happened upon these teal-blue remnant pieces that were sent to me by Jodie Ann, probably leftover from the backing of one of her own quilts. I decided to do a little more piece-work to add some interest and make the odd sized pieces work. I am very pleased with the results. Thanks, as always, Jodie !
So, this one is ready to begin quilting, and I think that I'll do it by hand, if I can just get enough light coming over my left shoulder to be able to see. it's been SO LONG since I did any real amount of hand-quilting, but there's just nothing else to compare to the look or feel of it, in my opinion.
After just a couple of generic Tylenol tablets yesterday, hubby is pretty much back to his old self.......praise God for our healing in Jesus' name ! I went and bought the hubs a little valentine....not concerned that he wasn't able to get out and get me one. I told him I'll shop tomorrow's sales and do twice as well ! Ha !