Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday check-in

Yesterday was a fun day.  I did get to drop in on the quilters, but ooh, how I wanted to stay !  There were atleast 6 or 7 ladies there, with their most recent projects draped around the room, and tables set up with works in progress everywhere !  What a fun group has evolved in the last few years.......I hope I have a project ready to work on with them next month.  The only down side I saw was that there didn't seem to be room to baste a twin-sized quilt on a frame like I used to do there sometimes.

I didn't take pictures, as my camera doesn't want to recognize a memory card anymore.  Now I have to take a few on the internal memory, and then hold my breath as I convince the camera to copy them to the card.   That's why my posts are short on photos lately !

But the food program started early yesterday, so I had to be there by 1 p.m.  I so enjoy getting to know lots of faces of the regulars who come weekly.  They recognize me now, and smile and speak niceties......I just love it.  They're my NEIGHBORS, and I love THEM !


This afternoon, I finished hand-quilting the last two blocks of the baby quilt, and will try to get started on the binding tomorrow.  In the meantime, I wanted to share a tip.

 This backing was just barely big enough to stick out an inch on a couple of sides of the quilt, so when it was time to quilt this last edge, I basted a doubled 4-inch-wide strip of fabric to the backing in that area, going through the batting also; then, I had something for the q-snap frame to get ahold of.  Otherwise, I would have had to fasten it too close to the quilt-top to be able to quilt that last side edge.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !