*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yucky day behind us !

Hooray, and PRAISE THE LORD for strength to get through things that we dread !

Hubby's all day evaluation is behind us, and we made the drive safely there and back.

I decided to buy a white skein of good ol' RedHeart acrylic, and start another scarf like the red one.........that, along with a copy of the Living New Testament, and my personal journal, kept me occupied and entertained through the day.

I only had two near misses on the highway, thanks to the angels accompanying us. Once, on the interstate on the way up there, I started to change over to the right lane beside me, and didn't see a car coming up in my blindspot. Close call.
Then, on the way home, on a two-way-traffic highway, a pick-up truck decided to pull out in front of me to enter the highway, when I was really coming up on him too close for him to have done that. Blessedly, my brakes worked well, and I was able to avoid hitting him.

Needless, to say, we were glad to get home and relax. Don't get me wrong,......it was not a white-knuckle, stress-filled day........the LORD almighty gave us strength, and confidence and even ease-of-mind to get the job done.

Now, I need some advice. I know I've been quilting for over 30 years, but my quilts are drawing up a little on the edges after binding. I'm using a walking foot, and using straight, single bindings. Should I switch back to bias-bindings? Single or double? I don't measure the binding and cut it to a specific length......never have. I don't remember having this problem many years ago, but I did use a lot of bias, double bindings.

4 comments:

  1. Sew glad things went well and that you BOTH still have work here to do yet! I'm very thankful you're safe and back home...sounds like you know how to spend your day wisely!

    Trust in the Lord, with all thine heart...He sees you and loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are back home safe and sound! Psalms 91:11-my grandmother shared this with me after what happened on Monday and thought I would pass it on to you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it through another (big) day and had a great plan for keeping occupied :) You also fit right into the normal driving world with the events on the road. How many times those things have happened to me! Love ya!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that's over and you made it home safe! I rarely have reason to drive on the freeway anymore, so now I'm out of practice and dread it-it scares me.
    Your kitty is darling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !