*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Crazy days

Yes, I'm still kickin'...........and blessed and highly favored !   So many around me are suffering from this banner pollen Spring !  But not me........Praise the LORD, I haven't even had to look up my box of allergy medication.  I never had to take more than a third of a tablet when I got the runny nose, but I don't even have that yet this year ! 

I did have to drive to Nashville again on Monday......doctor's appointment at 8:30a.m.  Hubster insisted that we needed to leave here 3 hours early, when Google Maps said that it was a 2 hour drive at the most.   Well, we got there at 7:30, but they went ahead and got us checked in and before you know it the doctor had done his thing and we were out by 9:30.  But he wanted me to get an MRI, and the only way to avoid having to drive up there another day was to wait around for a 2:15 appointment at the imaging place.  So, after an hour and a half session in that fun machine.......BANG, BANG, BANG-----KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK.....well, we found ourselves traveling down the interstate during rush-hour traffic leaving Nashville.  I wanted to drive the 2-lane home, but hubs wanted to go through the town with the KFC, so he won.   But almost didn't.   Praise the LORD for his accompanying angels.   When I accidentally cut off a little black car while changing lanes, he then SQUEEZED and zoomed past between our jeep and the car in the lane to my left !   I don't know how I didn't receive a little memento of his presence..........well, actually I do, and it involves another very special PRESENCE !
Phew !   I don't want to do that again !

I know, I know......I'll have to go back eventually, but I'll face that THEN !

For now, I have Allyssia to look forward to.........I'm watching her for a few hours again tomorrow. 

I got to play with Autumn Taylor, seen here, 
when she visited today for a little while........what a sweetheart she is too, at nearly 2 years old.   She's another great niece, this time on hubby's side of the family.


I almost forgot to mention that I have started the hand-quilting on the hexagon/beige quilt, and have a request to make a whole-cloth baby quilt for my cousin's first expected grandbaby......a boy !  Gotta do some planning !

3 comments:

  1. Sew glad you're all safe and sound. When we go Home, I wonder if we'll get to watch a video clip of all the "close calls" we've had?

    Baby looks too sweet and time with little ones is fun. Can't wait to see the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks for your sweet comment on my Hey Teach! i'm sure you can knit one too :)

    nice fun time with the little one, enjoys !

    (jayne says Hi to the sweetie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hon, so glad you made it home ok, hope all is well. Your niece is darling!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !