Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I just love reaching the finish line !

Hoorah !  Hoorah !   Another little quilt under my belt ! 














This quilt is intended for my mother's twin, Aunt Edith, in Michigan,
who will be celebrating their birthday on May 17, as she turns 85.


 My beautiful aunt is enjoying good health, still driving herself to Church and about,
and, God willing, will have her 3 daughters with her to celebrate the occasion. 

I so wish that I could be there,
 but instead I'm sending a hug in the form of a handmade quilt. 
You can see the size of the quilt here, compared to a queen-sized bed,.........
hopefully, the quilt is just the right size for covering her lap and legs.
Old-time quilter that I am, I finished it with a label. 
The one thing I didn't do is add a sleeve for hanging.  I hope
that wasn't a mistake, but I wanted her to actually use
the quilt while reading or watching t.v., and
I didn't want the top edge to have the stiffness added
by a sleeve.


4 comments:

  1. this is delightful...i am sure she will love it and it will make her cozy warm and loved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly, this is exquistite!!! So beautiful...however do you do such wonderful work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful blessings overflowing from your heart to her home!

    My favorite quilt! You've done such an awesome job here, it's simply amazing.

    Congratulations and blessings today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just exquisite and I am sure she will treasure it Dolly! I love that you put a label on it, I have never done that, such a nice idea. I like the sun-dappled photo too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !