*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What am I doing?

Somehow, I've gone from being unable to decide how to quilt this baby to turning it into a quilting sampler or something !
            Oops, I accidentally left a portion of that little sashing unquilted.  I'll fix that !

 I didn't mean for THAT to happen (making it a quilting sampler, I mean).   I'm hoping to make this a gift to a very special person, and I want it to be pretty.  Please tell me that it'll be fine when it's all done and the border is quilted and bound !

(My favorite row is the one with the diamonds in the squares.  Why didn't I try that on the first row......I probably would have stayed with it throughout !)

6 comments:

  1. I like the diamonds too!! I need to branch out and try some different motifs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all of your work, it is absolutely lovely Dolly! Hope you are enjoying the spring as much as I am:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTLY AWESOME

    you are sooooooo gooooooooddd

    lov ya

    jodie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still a favorite and you've done an awesome job on the quilting. You are simply amazing!

    Our middle can find four leaf clovers in a field or yard the size of a football field! What an incredible gift you both have!

    Have a great day and remember, He loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will love it! It is so much more interesting (and it is beautiful) this way too! ...of course your hand quilting is beautiful no matter what! It has everything...except maybe feathers :)
    My favorite row is the one with the parallel straight line alternating horizontally and vertically.
    FYI: Indian Paintbrush long side borders are cut...but only 1&7/8' wide due to what I had to work with...including picking out stitches and batting to get it as big as possible....now what?!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !