*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Covering my bets !

Just IN CASE I don't win that giveaway, I did a little bit of fabric shopping online where I ACTUALLY paid for my choices.........Ha !

I cancelled Fabric.com's emails back when I dropped the internet for awhile.  Previous to that, I received regular emails from them announcing sales and offering coupon discounts......which I LOVED !

Well, when I starting getting internet access at home again,  I re-subscribed to their emails (several times now ), but they have never started re-sending them and I very much miss their coupons !

So, tonight I've perused their clearance fabrics and found fabric for backing this quilt

Seth's quilt-top



and I added enough half-yard cuts to the order to qualify for free shipping.  I hope that this new order will encourage them to start sending the specials to me again.

Here's the fabric I chose for Seth's back........
Gone Fishing Ribbit Geo Navy--Fabric.com


and here are the other four goodies I can't wait to get.

I'm hoping to collect blues and greens for a soothing all blue and green quilt........
Chains Black/Blue - Fabric.com

Timeless treasures Mechanical Genius Hexagon Navy - Fabric.com


And these dots look like great fabrics for making bindings, don't you think?

Pocket Full of Posies Bubbles Red - Fabric.com


Pocket Full of Posies Lime - Fabric.com
I finished the orange peel quiltie for the kitchen wall, but don't have a good photo of it yet.

Today, hubby and I marked off a section of the yard for an actual vegetable garden we'd like to plant next Spring.  I tilled up about a 3-4 ft width times the length of the thing (have no idea how big we've made it.)   I'll have to do a section every once in awhile, as the vibration from the tiller makes my hands feel all crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !