Here are a couple of shots I managed to get today.
|Shown on a twin-sized bed|
The little quiltie finished at 27 1/2 inches square. I backed it with the same polka-dots that I used on the Blushing Bloomers quilt. These are the same fabrics that were used in the top of that quilt, also.......I cut out 5 inch squares at the same time that I cut the other quilt pieces. I then drew the peel shape onto the squares, placed one over a light-colored 5-inch square,
and machine-zigzagged over the drawn line. At that point, I trimmed the top, colored fabric right up against the machine-stitching.
Because I had leftover triangles from making the border on the other quilt, I started stitching those triangles together today, based on an idea I got from Wanda of Exuberant Color. I love the idea , but it's all I can do not to stitch them together into bigger pieced squares ! I need to MAKE myself put them away so that I can add to them, but I trimmed them down to 2 inches square, and I don't know if I'd EVER make enough of that size to make something substantial. It would really be neat-looking if I could stick with it though.
Here are some of the ones from today.