Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Little Orange Peel........

......finished !

Here are a couple of shots I managed to get today.
Shown on a twin-sized bed

The little quiltie finished at 27 1/2 inches square.  I backed it with the same polka-dots that I used on the Blushing Bloomers quilt.  These are the same fabrics that were used in the top of that quilt, also.......I cut out 5 inch squares at the same time that I cut the other quilt pieces.  I then drew the peel shape onto the squares, placed one over a light-colored 5-inch square,

 and machine-zigzagged over the drawn line.  At that point, I trimmed the top, colored fabric right up against the machine-stitching.

Because I had leftover triangles from making the border on the other quilt, I started stitching those triangles together today, based on an idea I got from Wanda of Exuberant Color.   I love the idea , but it's all I can do not to stitch them together into bigger pieced squares !   I need to MAKE myself put them away so that I can add to them, but I trimmed them down to 2 inches square, and I don't know if I'd EVER make enough of that size to make something substantial.  It would really be neat-looking if I could stick with it though.

Here are some of the ones from today.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by !