Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Slow going on a simple quilt

Somehow, life just keeps interrupting this quilt.


It's a very simple design, featured on Connecting Threads website, sold as a kit made up of the Mastermind line of fabrics.  I wanted a larger quilt, and didn't need a pattern, so I just ordered extra stacks and fabric for borders.
Not my design.......adapted from a kit seen on Connecting Threads, just adding blocks and changing the border coloring

I finished piecing the blocks.......I simply cut the 10 inch squares at 3", 2", and 5inches, and switched out the middle piece for each block.

Today I trimmed the blocks down to 8 1/2 inches each.  I had thought that they would finish at that measure AFTER piecing the quilt, but lost more than I expected in the piecing.  So the quilt is going to come out a bit smaller than I had figured, but it will definitely be usable on a twin-sized bed.  Seth is still in a youth bed, but I've made bigger quilts for Zoe and Timothy, so I wanted Seth's bigger quilt to be the next one I send to them.

I'd love to make a quilt for Kelley and Tim's green bedroom, but she's sized me out by getting a king-sized bed.  I just don't make quilts that big.   I already don't know where I'm going to lay Seth's quilt out in order to see a good color placement of the blocks!

This fabric collection is so vibrant and out of my usual range/style.  The finish on the fabric is soft and silky, and I really like it.  I'm not prewashing the fabrics for the borders, since I didn't want to wash all the 10-inch precut squares.  It's a rare thing for me to buy a collection, but Connecting Threads makes the choice so affordable, especially when they go 40% off !

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by !