*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Day by Day

Life goes along, quietly.  Praise God !

A couple of days ago, I spent many hours doing some cross-stitch that was printed on a couple of towels (accomplishing very little).  I must say that counted cross stitch is a much better project.  The  printed x's do not line up with the weave of the fabric, making it a much slower process to try to make nice even stitches. 


So yesterday I roused myself to go OUTSIDE and work in the sunshine while the ground was at a good stage for tilling
 I started the day with taking some photos of the beautifully colorful trees on my land. 


And I snapped a shot of my Rhododendrons that I finally got replanted in this big pot.  I love the beautiful red color that the leaves have changed to.


















And this Spirea is really pretty right now too.




My big surprise was when I found that my Elephant Ear was blooming........I have never had one do that before, and didn't even realize that they COULD bloom !



I got holes dug for my new plants, including another Rose of Sharon shrub that Rose offered to me. 

I also tilled up some beds along my boundary line, and planted the Irises that were leftover when I thinned the ones that were growing along the front of the trailer.  I get such pleasure out of that little tiller......so glad that I made (and was ABLE to make) the purchase.

Today was my yearly female exam, which went well, with NO mammogram, thank God !

I've spent an hour or so hand-quilting this evening, but there's not enough new progress to document with another photo yet, so I'll leave off for now.

I surely do miss my Kelley, Tim, Zoe, Timothy and Seth.......hope they're having a good week !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !