*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A little bit crazy.......

........piecing, that is.   I did a little bit of crazy-piecing today, using just the fabrics found in my scrap tub.  These are all leftovers from the last year's quilties.  It was fun.   I pieced borders for my latest little project, but I don't want to show it until it is finished.  I need to re-purchase some interfacing for it, as I bought too small a piece.  I thought that the interfacing was probably 44 inches wide or so, but after buying a half yard, which should have been sufficient to cover the 16 12 inch by 24 1/2 inch piece that I want to back, I discovered that the interfacing was only 18 inches wide to start with !   And it's 4.97 per yard, so I just wasted that 2.50.


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty piecing too!

    I wanted to tell you how sorry I am at the passing of Goldie. God's comfort to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a crazy quilt, Dolly! I too wanted to express sympathy for your loss of your dear friend, Goldie. The comfort in knowing where she is and how she is doing is the promise we have in Christ Jesus. Hugs and prayers from your online friend, pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolly, thanks for the help about font size...hopefully I'm all set now. I'll have to wait till next post to be sure I guess. The wind is very wild sounding tonight.....a good night to stay in. We've been watching Sue Thomas F.B.Eye.....that is a really good series, but must be bought. I have so many favorite things....God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !