*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, February 25, 2013

Re-surfacing........

I'm making an appearance to let friends know that I'm doing fine.   Still no news on the court situation, and I guess that's why I'm not inspired to do much sewing.

We had an unexpected trip (well, I guess they ALL are) to the emergency room today.  Hubby was cleaning a pocket-knife, and cut his fingers badly when he tried to close the blade while holding the knife in his weaker hand.  There was so much blood that I couldn't tell how deeply he was cut, and when the nurse cleaned it up, there was a wedge missing from the middle fingerpad, and the ring finger was slit all the way around to the fingernail !  (I'll spare you the photo that I sent to our daughter.)

 The doctor actually had me hold the fingers while he stitched them up.  He wanted to know if the sight of such a cut made me queasy.  I said "no, I'm a seamstress, and I just find this fascinating to watch you use this curved needle and tie off these stitches !"  Hubby is doing fine tonight, and I think he's glad that I won't have an excuse to 'nag' him to use his weaker hand for a couple of weeks.


3 comments:

  1. Ye-ouch! I'm glad you were there! ...and not too squeamish...and didn't show us the picture, lol. Take care of your honey ~
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how scary! LOL at your calm and sensibility while playing "nurse". Hang in there dear! Spring and clearer skies are right aroudn the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I am so sorry to hear but know you will take good care of him. hopefully he will not be in too much pain. Stitching skin is such an interesting event! Glad you are not squeamish and the weather was not an impediment to your drive to the hospital. Thinking about you and hoping for your quilting inspiration to come back to you soon as you take each day one at a time :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !