*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm a little bit bummed.......

.......when I tried to start my computer this morning, it would not boot up.  After trying several things, I eventually had to use system recovery, thereby losing all the personal stuff I had saved on this computer over a 6-7 year period.    It seems that I've been hearing of this alot lately, just among the blogs that I read !
Charter internet had a man out working on the cables on top of the pole near our house this past weekend.........hubby suspects a conspiracy !!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL !

You'd think that I'd be most upset over photo loss, but I have sources to replace some of those, atleast the most familial ones.  I do hate losing the folder of inspiring quilt ideas.  I really do go back to it every now and then to choose one to finally do.     That's how my "Blushing Bloomers" came about.

But the most aggravating thing right now seems to be the loss of my photo editing program.  I had HP's Image Zone and it was WONDERFUL.  It let me correct lighting and other problems, crop, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, resize the photos for use on my blog and in emails !   I downloaded the newest version of ImageZone, but it no longer lets you resize !

BooHoo.......I'll keep looking and find something.

On a brighter note, though, I got a lovely card from JodieAnn today, blessing me for her quilt-top that I pieced, and telling me that she had knee surgery.   I'm thinking of you tonight, Jodie, and knowing that there'll be no stopping you now, with that bionic replacement !  Heal quickly, and be blessed........you are an angel on earth.

And congratulations to my persistent son-in-love, Tim, who finally got his promotion to staff sargeant !   Way to hang in there, Tim.  God bless you every moment !
Update:
Oh, now that I've resized THIS photo online, I'll share my basting of the Morning Star quilty.  I have finished machine-quilting it, but still need to get it bound.  I'll keep looking for a program that lets me do all in one, editing, resizing, cropping, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your computer! What a loss of things treasured, but I sure do appreciate your attitude!

    Congratulations on all the happy news and your star is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !