Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stripes in hexagon piecing

Yesterday's hexagon-piecing was inspired by something seen in this video.

At one point, she shows some piecing that she has done with striped fabric, and it just clicked something in my brain.    So I started playing around with a striped fabric of which I only had a very little !
Naturally, that means that I was just CRAZY about the results, knowing that I don't have enough of the fabric to really do anything.   Still, it's a good learning process, and I'll find SOMETHING to do with these.
On some of them, I didn't do the GREATEST job matching up the stripes, but the overall effect is good.  This last one is pieced together, and so is the one that I showed yesterday.  The top one on this post is just basted to paper.

4 comments:

  1. thinking you're one of the smartest, coolest quilters I know!

    they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hexagons suit you! They look great and your seams and stripes are lining up perfectly, your actually making me contemplate hand piecing some hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! I have been MIA so long I can't even try to begin to catch up on all I've missed! Love the hexagons, expecially the second one because it has some of my favorite colors. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !