*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all !

What a wonderful day.........we're all stuffed like the proverbial bird, although I actually made cornbread dressing. 

Jeff, Mandy, Christopher, and Allyssia joined us for a noon meal, and there was WAY too much food, Praise the LORD !

I hope you can take it easy and relax and enjoy family......or quiet.......or BOTH  tonight. 
My birthday "loot" from Jodie Ann

Tomorrow is mine and Zoe's birthdays..........my best gal pal, Jodie Ann surprised me with a goodie package full of fabric and magazines, a tote bag, and even some Irises from the state of OKLAHOMA !  She grabs goodies for me all the time when she sees a little something that she knows I'll like.......even HANKIES !  So thoughtful..........Love you, Jodie,........thank you so much !
Today's gathering from our walk.......the tree is almost empty !

Hubby and I took our walk as soon as we could pry our overstuffed bodies from the furniture........the treasures I picked up look alot like the loot that Jodie sent me, huh?

It's 67 degrees right now, and we're supposed to have a rain/snow mixture this evening.......just a reminder to get ready for Winter's icy blasts !  A person could get way TOO used to the wonderful Fall temperatures we've been having.

4 comments:

  1. Those leaves are SOO beeautiful and inspiring!
    Happy Thanksgiving! We enjoyed the day in Enid with our friends serving 600 meals at their church community Thanksgiving meal. It was a joy to spend some time at the end just sitting and visiting with some of the guests and (hopefully) speading some Thankgiving Blessings by just being there and being attentive :) We are so blessed! ~ Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. comapny just left and we are all stuffed hope you had a great day. remember that many many years ago when our kids were young and we were a little younger and you and i and my sister would hit walmart at 5 am to get the bargains as in toys for our kids and stuff !!!!
    remember those ole days and we actually had fun and we waited to put stuff in layaway too the good ole days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Hope you have a fantastic birthday & wonderful year ahead. love ya!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !