Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pouch Day !

I finally PRYED myself loose from this computer chair long enough to get a little something done in the sewing room again......little being the key word, mind you !

When I checked out Quilt Taffy's blog this morning she was linking to a pleated, zippered pouch tutorial.    It got my mind a'hoppin, and I took a shot at making one partly on my own, partly helped by various tutorials from several different blogs, including Noodlehead's.

I couldn't find one that had a ruffle like I wanted so I added it myself..........

these are the first two that I made this afternoon.
 
Then, I went back and cut out one of the pleated ones from the earlier reference.  I just finished it. 

 I hope that these will help me to make up little gifts for some of the girls on my Christmas list........now to find some yummy lipsavers to add to them !

Oh, and my second order from Fabric.com came while I was sewing......gotta love that ! 
I picked up a nice set of greys, and a couple of others from Jay McCarroll's lines.

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable, they'll make great gifts! I have to go to the campus and take a math exam today, so it was really nice to come here this morning and see these fun pouches and take my mind off the nerves for a bit;) I like the cute ruffles you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute bags! I'm glad somebody else saw that tutorial and your fabrics from CT are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly, I've been wanting to try sewing a kleenex cover, wonder if its hard to do. Your pouchs look great..and the material is so enjoyable too. Special things in small packages....a smile maker.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !