*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, March 17, 2014

Finishing things.

I have no picture to share today, as my camera batteries need recharging.  I took a picture today, but now the camera says that the card needs formatting.  But if I do that I'll lose what's on the card.  Usually when it says that, actually the batteries just need a charge.

So, anyway, I've been busy lately getting some things finished.  A few days ago, I figured out what I wanted the back to look like for the "Diamonds in the Dirt" quilt top, so I got that completely pieced.  Very happy with it, but will wait to share it when the quilt is finished.  I don't know if I want to hand or machine-quilt it, so I don't know whether I want polyester or cotton/poly batting.

Today, I pulled out the Japanese X and Plus top and added a border to it.  For me, the quilt top was just TOO BUSY, and yet my hubby LOVES it !  I feel like the border helps contain the chaos just a bit.  Both this, and the top mentioned earlier, measure around 56 x 80 inches.  They'll top a full-sized bed, but are really extra-big nap quilts.  I told hubby that with health changes and sleeping in recliners and on couches, maybe it's a smart thing to have some of this size quilt around nowadays !

Next  thing I want to accomplish is getting a back together for the x and + top.  I bought a beautiful Valori Wells print for my scrappy tripalong top, but I don't really like that one nor want to finish it, so I may borrow that fabric for this top.

Tomorrow is my middle grandchild's birthday.  Timothy Daniel, Jr. will be 8 years old.  I have missed so much !  I love that little guy, he has the sweetest heart.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Dolly! I found your blog tonight while doing some blog hopping while watching tv. I looked through some of your posts and enjoy seeing your quilting projects. Just wanted to say hi and let you know I'll be reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome ! Maybe I'll have some good photos to share again really soon. When the weather opens up for more than just a day, I'm going to try to do some quilt basting outside !

      Delete
  2. Contain the Chaos....what a name for a quilt that would be! Miss pictures, but I know which quilts you're talking about and when you share what your vision for them is...it is like I'm right there, across the table from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolly I love your header and background....wow!! Happy quilting....good weather for it isn't it? Still very cold and chilly by turns. But we hope that will change soon. I'm tired of being chilly so much , how about you? I am knitting a sweater...very easy pattern I'm told. Free on Ravelrly. Hope you have a wonderful day....and I know what you mean about missing your grandson. We are in the same boat and now they had to move even farther away. Boo hoo....=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !