*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Why can't I remember

to take my camera when I go to quilting day ??????????????

Agh !   I saw a most gorgeous scrap quilt top today while I was there, and never even missed the camera until I was on the way home and wanted to smack my forehead right there, going down the highway !

But, backing up a bit, I got my White sewing machine out, since the walking foot works well on it also, and took it and the brown quilt down to the senior center to join the other girls.  I got there at around 9:30 a.m. and stayed until 11:45, so it was a good morning's visit.   I set up at the end of Dot's table, and everytime someone called out her name for help, MY head would pop up, because that was the nickname I used in my Shawnee, OK quilting group.  But, I quietly machine-quilted while listening to all the 'quilt talk' going on around me as we worked together.  It was like music to my ears, hearing that special 'language' again.  I heard a lady say, "next I'm going to add this fabric to 'stop it' ", and I thought, now, non-quilters would think "stop WHAT?"  But I KNEW what she meant !

Before I left, Dot was across on the other side of our table with the opposite end of my quilt, helping me to bury my threads in the back side of the quilt......(again, "bury my threads?") without even being asked,  and I just LOVED the sharing again.  

Then I bought hubby a barbeque sandwich, came home and ate lunch with him, and grabbed the quilt to tie some more threads before going out to the church's food distribution afternoon at 1:30.   I looked up, and it was ALREADY 1:30 !   Had to jump, and boogie !  After having suffered chest pains all evening yesterday from talking too much (I expend so much air when I talk, with this vocal cord standing open ),  I prayed, "LORD, please let me have strength of what voice I have for people to be able to understand  their choices today."   I SAID that I would cut back on the 'cutting up' that I have been doing with a fellow worker.......but that didn't happen much...............BUT, my loving FATHER did give me voice to make it through the afternoon with NO CHEST PAIN AT ALL !   Praise His HOLY name !

AND, while there, I heard that my niece came through a surgical removal of a cyst from her collapsed lung, doing very well !   Thank GOD !  She has two daughters, 6 and 2, and a husband, that want her home very badly, not to mention that she is the head of the local physical therapy clinic.  Victory in JESUS !   That's what I'M talking about !

No pictures today, but hopefully............SOON a finished, photographed quilt !

Love ya's !

2 comments:

  1. Jesus does give Victory, doesn't he! I loved hearing about your quilting group and all. If I don't make it to my wool-spinning group I hardly feel motivated to do any spinning. I don't like to drive much..so that makes it hard to get there often....grin. At our craft co-op? I've bought 2 table toppers I love. The fabrics and design are special. Have a blessed day friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to hear that quilt chatter and the joyfulness in your "voice" as you post here. Can't wait to see those pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !