*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, March 8, 2014

The yard is calling !

Yesterday's temperature reached 60, and today was as warm, but more windy.  Not being able to resist, I raked leaves from more flowerbeds today, discovering lovely little green starts peeking their way out of the ground.  I saw "Seven Steps to Heaven", Phlox, Daisies,  Rose bushes, Irises, Candy Tuft, Violets.....all starting to wake up again !

A young man came to measure our roof and give us an estimate for covering it with metal.  Another roofer comes tomorrow to discuss his estimate.  God has blessed us with hopefully enough insurance compensation to pay for the new roof and possibly a couple of other small repairs.

Also, today I received my package from Connecting Threads.  I managed to snag a great deal on their backing fabric when it was on sale, and only paid $8.36 per yard for their $11.96 per yard  104 inch-wide fabric.  Not knowing what I'll use it for, I chose a color that I thought would work on a number of quilts.....it is called 'silver lining', and a couple of hours after receiving my 3 yard piece, I noticed that the sky outside was mimicking the fabric's name !
Isn't that just like God to give me a smile that way ! ? !

Tuesday I should receive my other score........I found fabric for $3.49 per yard, a Riley Blake large leaf print, to back my brown and diamonds strip quilt, plus a beige-colored print for the binding at the same great price, from Fabric.com.  Their sale goes until midnight on the 10th; it's called the cotton print blowout sale, and they brag about prices of $5.95, but I saw quite a few fabrics priced at $3.49 !

Post Script:  I was thinking about 'low volume' fabrics a couple of days ago, and realized that, what with my vocal nerve damage,  I myself am now LOW VOLUME !    ha ha ha ha ha ha !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !