*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, March 3, 2014

Thank God for quilting !

I would go absolutely bonkers staying inside during a cold, snowy, sleety winter like this if it wasn't for sewing, quilting, knitting.......
 Thank God I restored my sewing room to working order again too.  I have just had THE BEST time the last couple of days.  I went in there yesterday and played with scraps all day long, just wanting to make some little something pretty. 

 I got into my scraps bins and pieced 3 wonky stars, which is something I've always wanted to try.  Well, then I messed around with strip-piecing to make some filler blocks.  I was aiming, at that point, for something just big enough to cover the chairside table in the living room.   


I even went so far as to hand-sew some batting strips together while I watched the Walking Dead episode.  So this morning I had my batting and top all ready for basting to a backing.  
more Valori Wells Dandelions, this time in pink/red/coral
I machine-quilted in straight parallel lines, using the edge of the walking foot to keep the lines about 1/2 inch apart all over.  I dug into more scrap strips for the binding and Voila ! 
 FUN, FUN, FUN !

Prayer and wishes of more good times and happy moments with her mom to Dee.  You were whom I thought of as these happy colors came together; it reminds me so much of the pretty, girly things you turn out so often.  I'm glad you have your 'stitching therapy' too....may God continue to keep you and your family in His tender care.  Love to your mom.


5 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty! Love the way you combined the fabrics and stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Thanks for thinking of us! Sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting....all of those wonderful talents we are gifted to sooth our minds and help us focus on what is important!

    Beautiful tabletop per from a beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you tree! Sewing keeps me sane and helps me to lower my stress/anxiety. =)

    I love free piecing like your table topper. Its fun to make something beautiful out of the scraps. Your table topper really brightens up the day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly, this is beautiful! and I'm glad you didn't go bonkers. grin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !