Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Friday, December 3, 2010

Well, so much for momentum.......

....last post, I had gotten to work in the sewing room, trying to make up a few little Christmas gifties.

Then, the COLD hit........I don't mean the cold temperature........I mean a cold like I haven't had in years.  I spent Wednesday in and out of bed all day.  I'm slowly coming back now, and probably shouldn't have tried to sew.  I needed to make one more Christmas stocking for my house, as I realized that I have never made my last grandson, Seth, a stocking. 

Kelley's decided to buy them all new stockings for her house, now that they've decided that their family has STOPPED growing.......except for pets, that is (they added a new doggy just this week and a kitten a couple of months ago!)

Anyway, my hubby points out that this stocking is THE LEAST elaborate of all the stockings, so I may have to further decorate it sometime or make a whole new one when inspiration hits.

 
Here's an in-progress shot, when I had finished free-motion quilting the back of the stocking.

And here are shots of all five stockings. 

Seth's

T.J.'s
Zoe's

Kelley's
and Tim's












Oh, and guess what, Kelley.........
all five of
MY stockings
 are the SAME SIZE !


I also wanted to note the new charm squares I got for my birthday. 
Both best-pal gals, JodieAnn and Wanda, in Oklahoma, sent me charms......and they could even go together in the same project, the colors are so similar ! 













Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, boo to being sick! That's no good.
    The stockings are all so cute - what a treasure for them to have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !