*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, December 3, 2010

Well, so much for momentum.......

....last post, I had gotten to work in the sewing room, trying to make up a few little Christmas gifties.

Then, the COLD hit........I don't mean the cold temperature........I mean a cold like I haven't had in years.  I spent Wednesday in and out of bed all day.  I'm slowly coming back now, and probably shouldn't have tried to sew.  I needed to make one more Christmas stocking for my house, as I realized that I have never made my last grandson, Seth, a stocking. 

Kelley's decided to buy them all new stockings for her house, now that they've decided that their family has STOPPED growing.......except for pets, that is (they added a new doggy just this week and a kitten a couple of months ago!)

Anyway, my hubby points out that this stocking is THE LEAST elaborate of all the stockings, so I may have to further decorate it sometime or make a whole new one when inspiration hits.

 
Here's an in-progress shot, when I had finished free-motion quilting the back of the stocking.

And here are shots of all five stockings. 

Seth's

T.J.'s
Zoe's

Kelley's
and Tim's












Oh, and guess what, Kelley.........
all five of
MY stockings
 are the SAME SIZE !


I also wanted to note the new charm squares I got for my birthday. 
Both best-pal gals, JodieAnn and Wanda, in Oklahoma, sent me charms......and they could even go together in the same project, the colors are so similar ! 













Beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, boo to being sick! That's no good.
    The stockings are all so cute - what a treasure for them to have.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !