*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color me HAPPY !

Remember how I was so disappointed the other day that my local WalMart store wouldn't honor their online price of $39.00 for the 6 ft. folding table?  I went ahead and paid $44.88 to be sure that I got the model that I wanted while I could find it?  $5.00 extra........doesn't sound like a lot, but with the limited "fun budget" that I allow myself, it's quite a nudge. 

Well,.................today's ad in our local paper announced a ROLL BACK on that table.  It now sells for $34.88 !  That's right !   $10.00 LESS than I paid.   I took my receipt out there and they refunded $10.95 to me !  Woo Hoo, glory HALLELUJAH !

I sat down later to start hand-quilting the zigzag quilt.  Uh.....it's been awhile, and I don't love it so much as I used to !   Hand-quilting that is !  Actually, I never loved DOING IT, just the after product.   Now, I just keep thinking .......hmmm...I could have this baby done in 2 days if I went to the machine !

EDIT:  Wait, wait, now I'm getting my groove.   I switched to a big needle and a bigger stitch, and I'm a happy camper again.  I'm planning on using this quilt a lot, and didn't see any use in killing myself for tiny stitches.  I don't know......like I said the other day, then was then and now is now, and I'm actually enjoying this, quilting it this way, so, as someone said the other day........WA-LAH !

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your refund!
    I love both the results of hand quilting and the process. But the fact that I'm mortal drives me to the machine--I still won't live long enough to make all the ones I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my craft tables. They sure come in handy. So glad you got a refund!

    Your quilt is looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when we wait on Him, do what is right and He comes right back at us with something even better than the original!

    This quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deal on the table, so glad you got a refund and I know it'll get its use!!

    Love the quilt you are working on now. Hand quilting is so much slower, but I love to have hand work available to do as much as possible. And I love the look of hand quilting so much more. (The word "perfect" isn't part of my vocabulary; as in "tiny, perfect little stitches"- every thing I make is for my own enjoyment. If it's not fun I don't waste my time on it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !