" Do you not know?
Have you not heard???

The LORD is the everlasting GOD,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary,
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

"The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught." Isaish 50:4


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Real Plus--sneak peek

Thank goodness for pieces of batting that can be pieced together......backs too !  (I'm not revealing the back until I'm all done!)

Here's an in-progress photo......the center is all quilted.   I need to figure out what I want in the rust border, and then quilt it and the little pieced outer border.  As you can see, I still feel safer with thread-basting, and I was able to move things around enough in the living room today to set up the basting frame.

I'm liking how this is quilted.  I just looked all over Flickr for plus quilts, and many of them are quilted the same, it seems........a quarter-inch in from the edge of the block, with the centers left empty.  Not to pat myself on the back, but I like this look much  better........plus, I got a REALLY GOOD upper body workout out of it at the same time !   Love that free-motion quilting .

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing...its a beauty! The snow is pretty isn't it? I just wish I could accomplish 1/8 of what you get finished! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !