*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, January 13, 2011

"A REAL PLUS"..........

.......my first finished quiltie of the year.
She measures approximately 46 inches square, and was free-motion quilted on my Singer model 15-91. 
I channel-quilted in alternating directions for connecting plus 'blocks'. 

For the border, I drew the curvy line using a stencil, and then free-hand quilted in the leaves as I went around the quilt.

The backing is a combination of pieces pulled from my old stash of fabrics.   It mainly consists of 'picture fabrics', which can be hard to fit into the average piecing of a scrap quilt.   I really like the back, and managed to create one last 'plus' out of the giraffe print.
With the snow melting today, I just had to grab a few photos with this winter backdrop.   After all, when I grew up in Tennessee, snow staying around this long was unheard of !
Thanks again for the fabrics, Jodie Ann.........including many (if not all) that are on the back !

NOTE :  I was tagged on Jessica's blog today as being one of her favorite small blogs for people to check out.  I so appreciate the notice, but just couldn't pick my favorite little blogs, so I'm going to suggest that you check out some of the many blogs along my sidebar.  They're fascinating to look in on, and have followings of ALL sizes !

6 comments:

  1. It turned out really, really nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is lovely! I like the "plus" + included on the back too! The hanging photo in from of red fence? with snow is neat! No quilting at the Robinson's. DJ is here and the bedroom and stairwell is getting painted. Just sneaking a break to peek in on you and say "hi" while at dd v-ball practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great looking quilt! WOO HOO for your first finished quilt of the year. I love how you quilted it too. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plus sign design of that quilt! I think that needs to go on my "to make" list!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your plus quilt, too! I especially like the quilting. I also want to say that I do enjoy your blog and I am always interested to see what you have to say and show . . . . but, I also love your background and your opening picture and how you change them for interest value. It sure works for me! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of your quilt on a tree on the snowy day.
    And I do remember a very snowy week in January or February of maybe 1982 when Bradley County pretty much came to a stop for a whole week. Hmmmmm....maybe this was an anniversary snow storm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !