*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy SNOWDAY !

The potato soup was wonderful for lunch, topped with chopped red onion and crumbled bacon, served with a buttery slice of cornbread !  Ah, so good !  Thank you, Jesus !

I had fun going around sweeping the snow from my jeep and my front steps, but I am antsy, wanting to baste that zig zag or that plus quilt top.  I don't like anything that I have for the back of the zigzag, really wanting to BUY some yummy flannels from Fabric.com ! 

I might be able to find something suitable for the plus top......I guess I should go do some digging around.   Feeling lazy with a full belly and the hubby snoozin' in the recliner !

Be safe and stay warm !

photo courtesy of fabric.com
EDIT:  That old clock ticking down works on me almost every time ! 
Fabric.com was warning that this was the last day.......midnight limit......to order the flannel that I wanted for $3.98 per yard, so I went for it.  Rather than piece a back, I finally decided that I wanted all the lusciousness of pure aqua on the back of the zigzaggy, so I just ordered 3 yards of the ONE fabric.  Doesn't it look snuggly?  Can't you just feel it?  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

2 comments:

  1. oh i wish we had gotten more snow, seems like it stayed south!! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drove through it coming down on the way to school today! Milk? Check! Eggs? Check! Bread? Check!

    Just a few more things to get when I pick the boys up and we're ready for snow days!

    Love your spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !