*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, June 11, 2010

Autumn's Awesome Polka Spots




Glory Hallelujah and praise to the LORD above, this quilt has been SAVED ! (no pun intended)  You  can just barely make out a little distortion in the stripes on back, IF you know what you're looking for.   I took out the straight-stitching, and just meandered the whole quilt.  
 I was disappointed to do so, as I really thought that I wanted to mix the two quilting types, but now that I see the finished and washed quilt, I don't see how I could  have liked it any better with straight-stitching ! 
Autumn came over today for a couple of hours and we played together in the floor, doing 'Ring around the Rosie', and feeding the dolly, with the dolly quilt wrapped around it, of course.  I'm thinking, now, that I'd better get busy making a dolly quilt for Autumn to take home with her too !   It'll be fun to give her the two quilts together on her birthday.................. Oh, dear, such a CHORE, having to make ALL these quilts..............................glee, glee, gleeeeeeeeeeee.
Anyway, for now, I know I'll sleep alot better tonight than I did LAST night !   Hooray !   Hooray !
Autumn's Awesome Polka Spots measures approximately 39" x 41".




8 comments:

  1. I was feeling so badly for you today. I know what's its like to have to undo a bunch of hard work. I am rejoicing with you that the quilt has been fixed and fixed so beautifully! It's a lovely, lovely quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! Sorry about all the quilting you had to rip out. I know that's no fun from experience. I can't get up the nerve to try anything other than stippling, as I fear the "traveling".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dolly! This quilt turned out so beautifully! I was horrified when I read your previous entry talking about ripping out all that stitching (I know what that's like - LOL). I felt so badly for you having to take that on, but look at what a gorgeous quilt you made! Sometimes making a quilt is somewhat like having a baby, isn't it? You forget the pain and suffering when you see what it brought you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous! Just perfect for a little girl. I love love the color combinations you used...and I certainly dont see any distortions or imperfections. Love your stippling, it looks so comfy cozy when its washed and all crinkled up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks GORGEOUS! you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i just got thru reading Aloha whatever from jennifer c. and i again realize how much WE MISS YOU

    lov ya Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful, all crinkly and cozy. All your hard work certainly paid off. I can't decide if I like the front or the back better! Great colors too:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I have to confess that although I think the front is lovely, I love the back so much more! There's just something about the randomness of it that I find so appealing. Autumn is going to love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !