*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, June 24, 2010

It's my turn !

So many times I've read blog posts talking about how the everyday jobs around the house take up all of our time and we can't get to the good stuff........like sewing, and quilting, and knitting,....... and reading about sewing and quilting and knitting..........

This time it's my turn........I'm trying to get into the sewing room to cut out and piece the baby quilt for my Michigan client, but life keeps stepping inbetween.  I don't mind though. 
Like today, my brother, Jeff, called to tell me that he had gotten a flat tire on his pickup truck yesterday and had to leave it at work.  He wanted me to take him out there to refill the tire temporarily and then follow him to the tire place for repair.  HAPPY TO DO IT !  For all those years, 32 in total, I couldn't even DRIVE, let alone help my brother........'cuz he didn't even know where I was !

  Praise the Lord for the mundane little things that are taken for granted !   You just can't imagine what your life would be like without them !

It's MY TURN !

2 comments:

  1. it is the little things and the ability to help when needed that make Life so great!

    good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly! Its so nice to be back visiting you and I was glad you came by to visit me. I love to see what you are doing. Your flowers are so pretty...and your porch looks very homey. =) ~~ one of my favorite things to do is browsing through Lowe's flowers and shrubs. We were there this afternoon and I loved a very fragrant rose bush I came across. Alas..$22.00 is not a bargain price..smile. I had a hair cut this morning and then we did some shopping...oh where did the day go? When we got home just in time to head off for Bible School...I saw the UPS had tucked a pkg inside the screen door. Hurray...a new drop spindle! goodbye for now...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !