*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where my head was yesterday morning, while in court (handling a private matter).......

......I sat there and read the 16th Psalm, over and over.

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

I said to the LORD, "You are my LORD; 
apart from you I have no good thing."
........................
........................
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; (not my lawyer)
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
(and 3 things happened to me as I read this Psalm there in that court room)
Therefore (1) my heart is glad and (2) my tongue rejoices;
(3) my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave.
nor will you let your Holy (faithful) One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
..................copied from most of Psalm 16

As I experienced such joy in the presence of the HOLY SPIRIT yesterday, I just was in awe at the thought of what it will be like when we experience those eternal pleasures someday !

The entire day was spent walking in GOD's favor.........I mean, it was like he had deemed it "Dolly Day " !
I have never done ANYTHING to come near deserving such a day,..........and I reveled in it !

3 comments:

  1. He is truly wonderful, and the psalms are so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly! what a precious post! To realize the presence of God with us in such a very vital and real way as you did...love it! Reminds me of the verse..'draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you'.... I hope things worked out in your favor in every way in court. I have been concerned about the second census report the gov sent us. It is so invasive...at first I thought it was a scam. Have you gotten a second one? But...the Lord is my Shepard...I shall not want.~~ I have been drop spindling all afternoon...until my knuckle is getting sore. So much for age 62! thanks for your lovely comment about my lace scarf...=) Our ac is under the weather and it is so hot in here. I like the windows open in the evening though. Birds singing and all. But the heat is cooker! hope you are cool as a cucumber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !