Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Where my head was yesterday morning, while in court (handling a private matter).......

......I sat there and read the 16th Psalm, over and over.

Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

I said to the LORD, "You are my LORD; 
apart from you I have no good thing."
........................
........................
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me
in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; (not my lawyer)
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
(and 3 things happened to me as I read this Psalm there in that court room)
Therefore (1) my heart is glad and (2) my tongue rejoices;
(3) my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave.
nor will you let your Holy (faithful) One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
..................copied from most of Psalm 16

As I experienced such joy in the presence of the HOLY SPIRIT yesterday, I just was in awe at the thought of what it will be like when we experience those eternal pleasures someday !

The entire day was spent walking in GOD's favor.........I mean, it was like he had deemed it "Dolly Day " !
I have never done ANYTHING to come near deserving such a day,..........and I reveled in it !

3 comments:

  1. He is truly wonderful, and the psalms are so comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly! what a precious post! To realize the presence of God with us in such a very vital and real way as you did...love it! Reminds me of the verse..'draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to you'.... I hope things worked out in your favor in every way in court. I have been concerned about the second census report the gov sent us. It is so invasive...at first I thought it was a scam. Have you gotten a second one? But...the Lord is my Shepard...I shall not want.~~ I have been drop spindling all afternoon...until my knuckle is getting sore. So much for age 62! thanks for your lovely comment about my lace scarf...=) Our ac is under the weather and it is so hot in here. I like the windows open in the evening though. Birds singing and all. But the heat is cooker! hope you are cool as a cucumber!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !